Do you want a lead position on a digital platform that can help your future endeavours? We want you!
We are seeking individuals who are interested in working with some dope curators on a digital platform while inspiring the African diaspora to travel the world. Our vision is to highlight the nuances of black travel while celebrating the many different cultures within the community.
We provide tips, resources, and experiences for our readers – but you should already know that since you read the website!
Ideal candidates will have fun contributing to the vision of Melanin Travel while using the experience in a lead position to propel them for future endeavours. Think of Melanin Travel as a collective side hustle: we work on own dreams, uplift each other and create exceptional content for Melanin Travel. If you are ready to go above and beyond to add value to the experience of travelling while black, then Melanin Travel is the right place for you to be.
All positions at Melanin Travel are voluntary and unpaid. Length of time and weekly hours can be discussed.
Sounds like fun? Here are our available positions:
You will liaise directly with the Founder & Chief Editor, Vivienne, to work on digital marketing strategy, curating newsletters, masterminding SEO and assisting with visual design. You’ll collaborate with the Social Manager and Editor to ensure content is distributed on social media platforms on time, and to increase readership. You’ll get hands-on experience producing high quality strategy and content, while ensuring that Melanin Travel’s message is relayed to readers accurately across all channels.
– Develop and execute digital marketing campaigns for social platforms (Instagram, Facebook and Twitter)
– Measure and report performance of all digital marketing campaigns
– Create biweekly newsletters for our subscribers
– Identify key influencers in the Black British Market
– Research and suggest creative marketing strategies for social media and newsletters
– Demonstrable experience in executing digital marketing campaigns (personal or professional)
– Demonstrable knowledge of Mailchimp. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Instagram Stories knowledge is a plus
– Knowledge of Canva. Experience with Photoshop or Illustrator for graphic design is a huge plus
– Knowledge of marketing tools and developing marketing strategy
– Excellent communication skills
– Be able to adapt to new marketing trends and insights in the travel industry
To apply for this role, you must be based in London or highly knowledgable of Black British culture.
HOW TO APPLY
DEADLINE: APPLICATIONS WILL BE REVIEWED ON A ROLLING BASIS
Please send your CV and a 300-word explanation on why you would be a great asset to the growing team to firstname.lastname@example.org, along with any achievements that boost your profile.
You must include at least one suggestion on how to grow Melanin Travel’s Facebook and Twitter accounts.
If you have unique ideas that are in need a home, why don’t you submit an article or pitch to Melanin Travel? We are always on the lookout for talented writers and creatives that want to produce content for our readers.
Click here to read our submissions guidelines.