March 23, 17:00 – 22:00
Location: The Silver Building, 60 Dock Road, London E16 1YZ
Taste the Culture: Senegal Edition is a cultural immersive event designed to bring Senegalese food & culture to you without having to leave London! We’ll be featuring our favourite food, cultural activities, storytellers and art. Be prepared to see, taste and feel Senegal!
Your ticket will get you access to:
– A two-course authentic culinary experience to indulge in Senegal’s traditional flavours
– Complimentary traditional Senegalese drinks*
– Cultural hands-on activities to take part in
– An opportunity to have all of your Senegal travel questions answered through a live discussion with speakers who will share their experiences in Senegal, featuring Vivienne Dovi (Founder of Melanin Travel), Yasmin Metz-Johnson (Interior Designer and Blogger of Yasmin TELLS), and other speakers tbc
– Access to regal African-themed photoshoot with a photographer
– Discover Senegal’s prevalent art & photography scene as we showcase some of our favourite artist’s work from the community**
– An immersive insight into Senegalese culture, history, and traditions
– Making meaningful connections with like-minded people
– Dancing to Senegalese, West African and European Afrobeats music
* One complimentary cold Senegalese beverage and two hot drinks will be provided. A selection of non-alcoholic and alcoholic beverages will be available to purchase at the bar.
** All art showcased on the night will be available to purchase, with the majority of the profits going directly to the artists. The majority of authentic Senegalese decor at the event will also be available for purchase, for you to take home a piece of Senegal. Come with your coins to support local Senegalese talent!
Must be 18+ to attend, with valid ID.
Dress code: we encourage you to wear West-African inspired clothing. The more traditional, the better.
All sales are final and nonrefundable. You will not be able to change your session after purchasing.
Spaces are limited so no tickets will be sold on the door. Please ensure you purchase your ticket in advance.
Early bird tickets available while supplies last.
The event location will be revealed a few weeks prior to the event.
MEDIA, SPONSORSHIP & VOLUNTEERING
For media or sponsorship enquiries, please email email@example.com.
If you would like to volunteer with the team up to and on the day of the event, we are looking for a volunteer that is knowledgable in decor and design. You will learn a lot about event planning, African culture and art too. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Due to the nature of the event refunds are not possible but tickets can be transferred to another person with prior notice. By entering the Take Me to Senegal experience, you consent to photography, video recording and interview(s) throughout the evening. The release or reproduction may be used for advertising, websites, social media, or any other purpose deemed fit by Melanin Travel.